Head of Programmatic
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the role:
G/O Media is looking for a talented and resourceful Head of Programmatic Sales who will help lead and define our programmatic revenue strategy and elevate us in the decision making process for programmatic buyers and platforms. This person will have a deep understanding of the shifting world of digital media and will be well-versed in the nuances of programmatic buying, with strong contacts throughout the industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement tactics to increase our programmatic revenue, including evangelism, education and partnership with key ad tech players, with the goal of familiarizing them with G/O Media’s programmatic offering and positioning
- Work cross functionally with sales, marketing, and operations to maximize revenue growth through the programmatic channel
- Analyze relevant metrics and feedback to support the optimal evolution of our Programmatic offering
- Assess and understand the programmatic landscape, develop strong trading desk relationships (account level and above), create relationship maps and subsequent engagement plans; partner with the agency team and field team when appropriate to work through complex relationships
- Help develop marketing strategies to influence media planners, buyers & partners
- Serve as a Programmatic channel expert for both internal and external teams
- A minimum 10 years of comparable experience leading a programmatic sales function
- A deep and well-developed understanding of relevant advertising technologies (Ad Exchanges, Deal IDs, RTB, DSPs, DMPs, SSPs, etc.)
- Prior experience with publisher monetization platforms and tools, including Google Ad Exchange and Header Bidding partners
- Experience with programmatic/channel launch activities
- Demonstrated communication, client and time management, negotiation, conflict resolution, and presentation skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.