New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for an SEO Coordinator to join the Audience Development team in our New York office. The position will work with multiple stakeholders across the company with the goal of improving search-visibility across major search engines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help execute an SEO strategy that improves visibility for G/O Media properties on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Help run regular technical audits to make sure sites follow Google’s best practices
- Work with product and development to resolve technical issues surfaced in site audits
- Work with editorial to highlight trending and ever-green search opportunities
- Act as a resource for SEO trends and algorithm changes
- Help with regular reporting on SEO related KPIs
- At least 1-2 years of search engine optimization experience
- Proficient with Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
- Experience with ScreamingFrog, Ahrefs or other similar tools a plus
- Publishing and/or Media experience preferred
- Strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree required
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.