Associate Social Media Editor
New York, NY
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for an Associate Social Media Editor to join the Audience Development team in our New York office. The position, reporting to the VP of Audience Development, will work with multiple stakeholders across the company with the goal of driving growth and engagement for G/O Media’s social channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create engaging content for social platforms
- Coordinate with the editorial and video team to stay informed about upcoming content
- Help execute growth strategies across all social channels
- Provide regular reporting on social media related KPIs
- Act as a resource for all socials trends, technologies and best practices
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience
- Strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills
- Ability to remain organized and detail-oriented
- Publishing and/or Media experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree required
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.