This week, in #DrainTheSwamp news:
- A former Goldman Sachs banker (whose father was also a Goldman Sachs banker), Hollywood movie producer, and hedge fund manager has been appointed head of the Treasury Department.
- Donald Trump dined at Jean-Georges with a former private equity titan who is being considered for Secretary of State.
- He has also met with the president of Goldman Sachs and the head of the world’s largest hedge fund.
- A billionaire distressed-debt investor has been selected to head the Commerce Department.
- He joins a fellow billionaire—an Amway heiress and major political donor—who will be running the Department of Education.
- The new transportation secretary is the wife of the Senate majority leader. She was also George W. Bush’s labor secretary, and was so popular with her coworkers that they held a “good riddance” party when she left.
- Using corporate welfare, Donald Trump has managed to keep 1,000 jobs in Indiana, as the U.S. “has been losing more than 300,000 manufacturing jobs each year to overseas competition.”
- Access to Donald Trump, Mike Pence, their family members, and their cabinet secretaries can be purchased off a menu ($25k-$1 million) by wealthy donors to the Presidential Inaugural Committee.
The dastardly elites will surely have much to fear from this band of outsiders.